Terms & Conditions
Atlas Japan Tour operated by Atlas Tours Co.,Ltd. (hereinafter referred to Atlas Tours)
customizes a tour for overseas travelers visiting Japan. The tour price varies depending on the client’s preferences as we organize personalized and individual itineraries.
Reservations and Deposit
- All reservations for Hotel accommodations, or travel related services are made though Atlas Tours.
- When applying for group tour arrangements (more than 2 people ), the tour contract including conclusion and cancellation of the contract shall be exchanged between Atlas Tours and the group representative. It is the clients’ responsibility to check that the details are accurate before signing these conditions.
- Tour reservation deposit shall be 10 percent of the total tour fare. This deposit is refundable. Reservations will be tentatively held for 10 days of confirmation, and will not be considered confirmed until the clients’ deposit is received. Should the payment not reach Atlas Tours within allowed time limit, reservations will be automatically cancelled.
- Our tour planning fee shall be 2,500yen per person. This fee is non-refundable.
Payment of Tour Fare
- The balance of the Tour Fare shall be paid no later than the 21st day prior to the eve of the departure date. When application is made on or after the 21st day prior to the eve of the day the tour starts, the tour fare shall be paid before departure by a date designated by Atlas Tours.
- Should the balance of the tour fare not reach Atlas Tours within allowed time limit, Atlas Tours reserved the right to cancel the contract.
- Our prices are calculated in Japanese yen, and include the Consumption tax in Japan.
- Payment in Japanese yen can be made by a bank transfer to our designated bank account. Clients are required to pay the bank charges for remittance.
Cancellations and Refunds
- All cancellations must be made in writing by e-mail or fax to Atlas Tours. Please note that there may be a considerable time difference Japan and the client’s country. The date of cancellation is deemed to be the date on which Atlas Tours receives written notice of cancellation cased on the Japan standard time.
- No cancellation can be accepted after Atlas Tours business hours (09:00am-18:00pm). Cancellatons requested after business hours are dealt with tha following day.
- If the client changes the departure day for his or her convenience,Atlas Tours shall consider it the cancellation of the entire tour and the specified cancellation charges will be levied on the client.
- Atlas Tours shall refund the remaining amount of the received tour fare after deducting cancellation charges our planning fee of 2,500yen per person and bank transfer fees. If the tour deposit is not enough to cover the cancellation charge,Atlas Tours shall charge the difference separately.
- Cancellation fees are as follows. If notice of cancellation is received by Atlas Tours;
- 30 days － 21 days prior to start of tour: 10% of the total tour price.
- 20 days – 8 days prior to start of tour: 20% of the total tour price.
- 7 days – 3 days prior to start of tour: 30% of the total tour price.
- 2 days or 1 day prior to start of tour: 50% of the total tour price.
- less than 1 day prior to start of tour: 100% of the total tour price.
- If the whole tour is canceled or 70% or more of the participants cancel,cancellation fees are as follows. If notice of cancellation is received by Atlas Tours:
- 60 days to 31 days prior to start of tour: 10% of the total tour price.
- 30 days to 21 days prior to start of tour: 30% of the total tour price.
- 20 days to 8 days prior to start of tour: 50% of the total tour price.
- 7 days to 1 day prior to start of tour: 70% of the total tour price.
- less than 1 day prior to start of tour: 100% of the total tour price.
The specified cancellation charges (i.e. arrangements charged cancellation fee from the date of reservation) will be levied on the client, even if the cancellation is made 60 days prior to the departure.
Changes to the booking
- If the client wishes to change the bookings he/she may be required to pay any price differences incurred by the new arrangements including accommodations,transportations, and any other services.
- If a client wishes to transfer the bookings to another person, he/she may request to inform Atlas Tours in writing by e-mail or fax. If Atlas Tours receives a written notice of the details of the proposed transfer less than 31 days before the departure date, this will be treated as a cancellation.
Package Tour operated by other tour companies.
If the client participates in an agent-organized tour by other tour company in his/her itinerary, the terms and conditions of the tour company will apply.
Atlas Tours will not.
When a client fails to pay cancellation charges or additional fees to Atlas Tours after the payment deadline, Atlas Tours will bill the plan for the appropriate late payment charges.
The charges include both interest and penalty charges.
The charges are based on the outstanding premium amount due on the filing due date.
The penalty is a percentage of the unpaid amount for each day.
The penalty rate is 0.1 percent of the late premium payment per day.
Exemptions of Atlas Tours
- Atlas Tours shall not be liable for damages incurred by any of the following reasons apply:
- Natural disaster, war, civil unrest, terrorist activity, industrial dispute.
- Accidents during transportation or accommodations, damage by fire.
- Orders of either Japanese or foreign governments, immigration regulations, isolation resulting infectious diseases, and tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such cases.
- Food poisoning.
- Delays, stoppages, changes of schedule and route in retaltion to transportaion facilities, and itinerary alterations and /or shortened stay at destinations owing to such causes.
- Atlas Tours makes every efforts to choose suitable travel service suppliers to provide services on the trips, but has no authority to control their operations. Therefore, travel arrangements are made on the condition that Atlas Tours will not be liable for any conduct by them.
- The cost of all trips arranged by Atlas Tours is based on the client’s acceptance of the exemption above. In consideration for taking part in the trips, the client agrees in writing not to sue Atlas Tours in respect of all liability for economic loss and physical or mental injury, direct or indirect, arising in connection with the trip including permanent disability and death;any emotional distress; or any damage to or loss of property.
- Atlas Tours shall not be liable to the client for transportation failure,delays of flights by the weather condition, airline rescheduling, industrial action or mechanical failure. Atlas Tours will give no refunds or compensation for lost time and services from the itinerary due to delayed or cancelled flights, cancelled public buses, trains, or other forms of transport included in the itinerary.
Liability of Client
- Atlas Tours shall require the client to ensure that he/she has coverage appropriate to cover himself against accident, theft, loss or damage to personal possessions before traveling on a trip. The clients are strongly encouraged to purchase travel and trip cancellation insurance,as well as all international-travel related health insurance,liability insurance, business interruption insurance, trip interruption insurance, and insurance for theft, loss or damage to personal property, bodily injury or loss of life.
- Atlas Tours shall require the client to certify that he/she does not have any physical condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/her or other travelers.
- Atlas Tours shall require the client to visit a doctor in advance of departure,if she/he has existing medical conditions. If a client or members of a group is not granted a visa or permitted entry into Japan, Atlas Tours cannot be responsible in any circumstances. If such refusal occurs and the tour is canceled,cancellation fees shall apply.